This simpletarian Thai Curry dish with tilapia and vegetables is one of my all time favorites, and it’s very easy to make. The tilapia can be substituted for shrimp, and other veggies could be used. Personally, I enjoy throwing in some Japanese eggplant, green peas, or snow peas for some extra flavor. Also, for a complete vegetarian option I commonly replace the tilapia for tofu.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
Yield: 4 - 6 servings
- 1 tbsp coconut oil (or any cooking oil)
- 1 small red onion
- 1 bunch of green beans
- 1 large carrot
- 1 red pepper
- 1 can coconut milk
- 3 tbsp thai red curry paste
- 3 tilapia fillets
- diced cilantro
- 1 green onion
- pinch of salt
- Heat a large pan to medium heat.
- Melt coconut oil in the pan, and saute onion until it starts to soften.
- Add green beans and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add carrot and red pepper.
- Add curry paste and coconut milk to the pan. Stir until the curry paste is fully dissolved into the coconut milk.
- Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add fish and cook for 5 to 6 minutes (until done).
- Add salt to taste.
- Serve on top of your favorite rice, millet, or quinoa.
- Garnish with cilantro, green onion, and a wedge of lime.