The following recipe for Blueberry Cranberry Cornmeal Loaf is simple and quick to make. It takes about 15 minutes to prepare (if you’re slow like me), and 30 minutes to bake. It won’t spike your sugar levels, and will keep you feeling full and satisfied. The salt sprinkle offers an interesting contrast to the tart flavors of the cranberries and lemon.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- ½ cup flour
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 2 tsp baking soda
- ¼ cup of raw sugar
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 cup milk (or milk substitute – I use almond milk)
- ½ cup of frozen cranberries
- ½ cup of blueberries
- 1 tbsp coarse salt
- Mix all dry ingredients together in a bowl. Make sure there are no clumps.
- Add all of the wet ingredients into the bowl and mix well
- Add the blueberries and cranberries.
- Pour the mixture into a non-stick loaf pan (well oiled) and sprinkle with a little coarse salt.
- Bake for 30 minutes on 375 F.