Buckwheat and Roasted Vegetable Salad
- 1 cup buckwheat
- 2 cups water
- 1 large zucchini
- 1 Spanish onion
- 1 eggplant
- 3/4 cup cherry tomatoes
- olive oil
- 1/4 cup sundried tomatoes
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- olive oil
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1/2 cup black olives
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup crumbled feta
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Rinse buckwheat with cold water then place in a pot with 2 cups of water. Cover the pot with a lid and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and cook until all the water is absorbed (15 to 20 minutes). Remove from heat and let it sit with the lid on for about 10 minutes.
- While the buckwheat is cooking, cut the zucchini, Spanish onion, cherry tomatoes and eggplant into 1/2 inch pieces and toss in olive oil. Spread the veggies on a cookie sheet and place in the oven to roast. Flip the veggies after 8 minutes, then continue to roast for about 5 minutes.
- To make the pesto, food process the sundried tomatoes, cherry tomatoes, and tomatoe paste until smooth, adding olive oil as needed.
- Toast pine nuts, slice black olives, and crumble the feta into small pieces.
- Mix the buckwheat, roasted vegetables, pesto, pine nuts, olives, and feta in a large bowl.