Sweet Potato Cheesy Pasta
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
- 500g pasta
- 6 mushrooms
- 1 tomato
- Cheesy Pasta Sauce:
- 2 cup of sweet potato (cubed)
- 1 1/2 cup almond milk (or other milk of your choice)
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast flakes |http://www.bobsredmill.com/nutritional-yeast.html]
- 1 tsp chili flakes
- 1 tbsp fresh dill (chopped)
- Boil sweet potato until soft, drain, cover and set aside.
- Fill a large pot with water, add salt, and bring to a boil on high heat. Reduce to medium heat, add pasta, and cook until al dente.
- In a pan, saute mushrooms and tomato in oil on medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Add the cooked sweet potato, soy milk, dijon, nutritional yeast flakes, fresh dill and chili flakes to a blender. Blend until the mixture is completely smooth. If the sauce seems too thick, add additional milk and blend.
- Add the cheese sauce to the pasta and mix thoroughly.
- Top with sauteed mushrooms and tomatoes.