If you’re looking for the perfect summer pie, this is it! This fresh strawberry pie is refreshing and not too sweet. The recipe comes from New Brunswick, where my mom and her family have made this pie for many years during berry season. It is best if made with fresh, local strawberries.
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 tbsp cornstarch
- 3/4 cup mashed strawberries
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 baked pie shell
- enough fresh whole strawberries to make 1 layer in pie shell
- Mix sugar and cornstarch, add mashed strawberries, lemon and butter.
- Simmer on medium/low heat, stirring until thick.
- Cut off the stem and place whole strawberries cut face down in the pie shell, cover the entire base.
- Pour strawberry glaze over strawberries in pie shell.
- Place in the refrigerator until cool.
- Cover with whipped cream and serve.
Making the strawberry pie glaze.
Arranging the berries in the pie shell.
Ready to eat!