Summertime is the perfect time for picking up fresh berries from the local farmers market or family grocery store. In this recipe, fresh berries and ricotta parfait, I used strawberries and blackberries, but any berries will do. One of the fun things about a parfait is that you can make it as big or as small as you like, depending on how many people you are serving. This recipe provides enough to make 8 large parfaits. They can be served in a set of wine glasses or your favorite drinking cups, or just mix it up a bit with a melange of different cups.
In this recipe we chose to blend the fresh berries into a sauce for the topping, but for a simpler alternative just simply place the whole or sliced berries into your parfait. To finish, I topped the parfait off with some shaved dark chocolate. Enjoy.
What’s your favorite parfait recipe or ingredient? Please comment below and share a link.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 8 cups
- 1 cup pecans
- 10 wafer cookies
- 2 tsp butter
- 425 g ricotta
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 cup berries
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- dark chocolate
- Crush pecans and wafers and mix with butter in a pan.
- Heat on low temperature until butter is melted and covers the crushed pecans and wafers.
- Remove from heat and add to the base of dessert cups (I used glass drinking cups).
- In a bowl, whip together ricotta, vanilla and honey until smooth and creamy.
- Place ricotta filling in the dessert cups on top of the pecan base.
- Add lemon juice, sugar, and 3/4 of the berries to a food processor. Process until smooth.
- Dice the remaining berries and add to the mixture, and stir.
- Pour the berries into the parfait cups, on top of the ricotta.
- Place in the refrigerator to keep cool.
- When ready to serve, shave a generous amount of dark chocolate on top.